Sunday, June 28, 2009

Antonio's Trattoria - Cranston, RI

Antonio’s Trattoria, located in the Knightsville section of Cranston, was the scene for our most recent dinner date. Melissa and I received a very generous gift certificate from the owners of my company in celebration of our engagement four weeks ago. I’ve lived in Rhode Island for most of my life and in Cranston for the majority of that time and this was the first time I’d been to Antonio’s. I can’t believe what I’ve been missing. Although the parking situation is a little dicey, once you step inside the restaurant the hustle and bustle of the everyday world is left behind.

We were greeted quickly and seated even faster. Our host seated us in the lounge area, which worked perfectly because it’s lined with half circle booths that have tall backs for the ultimate in privacy. Warm earthy tones and clean linens filled our view and soft lighting echoed a very romantic décor. Melissa and I have always been the adventurous type when it comes to cuisine and Antonio’s gave us the opportunity to keep up that trend. Zucchini flowers stuffed with roasted zucchini and goat cheese began the meal followed closely by heirloom tomato mozzarella fritti. Yeah, it was even better than it sounds.

Melissa’s main course was exceptional. She dined on pan-seared scallops, which sat on a bed of creamy spinach risotto with a pomegranate drizzle. Each of her bites was followed by, “Mmmmm, this is fantastic!” or “Mmmmm, this is so good baby, you have to try it.” And try it I did. If I were eating with anyone else, say my brother I would have used my Jedi Mind Trick to knock him out so I could quietly finish off his meal. But because I was sitting next to my fiancé, I decided against that approach. Wise choice I think.

I went in the “turf” direction for my main course. Perfectly cooked to a medium rare, I had filet mignon over a bed of grilled asparagus and mashed potatoes with a port wine reduction. While the potatoes needed a little seasoning to bring them to life, the rest of my meal couldn’t be beat. Although I wanted to rip into my filet and swallow it whole, I chose a more sophisticated style and made sure to get a little bit of everything in each bite. Again, I made a wise choice.

We finished the evening with dessert. Melissa opted for Limoncello cheesecake with tea. Being the chocoholic that I am, I chose the molten chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream with raspberry sauce. I don’t know what it is about eating at Italian restaurants, but I always end my meal with a double espresso. Maybe I’m testing each bartender’s espresso making skills, or maybe I just need the caffeine to wake me up after eating such a great meal. Antonio’s Trattoria was just the place for romance combined with amazing food and service. Make Antonio’s Trattoria a stop on your list of great restaurants. You won’t be disappointed.

Bookmark and Share


Bob Black
REALTOR
Williams & Stuart Real Estate
870 Oaklawn Ave
Cranston, RI, 02920
Work: 401.942.0200 ext 28
Mobile: 401.261.1599
Your Friend in Rhode Island Real Estate

No comments: