Sunday, February 1, 2009

Unique Total Body - Johnston, RI

As 2008 came to a close I’m sure I wasn’t the only person in the world who resolved to get healthier in the New Year. It’s the most common of resolutions and often the one that gets blown out of the water first. We all have our reasons-- good or bad, to not exercise or eat as healthy as we should. In my case I’m keeping my resolution but it’s just starting a little later than I’d hoped. I’m chalking January up to the poor economy of 2008 which carried over into the early part of ’09. So there, I’m ready to make the change.



The best way I know how to begin the process of getting healthy is to start eating the right foods. Now, I’ve always known which foods are best for me but as with anything it’s been a matter of finances in order to make it work. Quality food is usually a bit more expensive than the pre-packaged chemical laden junk that you can find on the shelves. One tip I can give is to stick to the perimeter of the market that you’re in, that’s usually where you’ll find the healthiest foods. In no way am I saying that I’m going on a “diet” because that’s just setting myself up for failure. Diets never work; the human psyche isn’t programmed to follow one specific “diet”.

So with a plan of attack for food my next step will be to find a place to work off those pounds. I’m a research freak and I think I’ve found it.



Unique Total Body located at 190 Putnam Pike in Johnston, RI is just the place. It’s a brand new business that has, for lack of a better term, a “unique” format. They combine the peace and harmony of a top-level day spa with the added bonus of elite personal trainers and top of the line equipment in every room. What really sets them apart from the competition is the addition of a full yoga studio, which doubles as a cardio/aerobics room and the commitment to a healthier more personal exercise and relaxation experience that you won’t find anywhere else. And for the record I’ve been into yoga for about a year now but I haven’t gone to a class in some time.

I know you’re probably saying, “Bob, what the hell are you talking about? The gym I go to now offers this stuff too.” Well you could say that but you’d be wrong. The gym you go to now has hundreds of people who are vying for a space in yoga class or are muscling their way in on one of the seemingly endless rows of cardio machines. The gym you go to now doesn’t offer a “Relaxation Room” complete with fresh hot herbal tea and burning candles. The gym you go to now doesn’t have the best professionals in their respective fields performing the tasks for which you so generously pay. It just my opinion but I think once I start going here it’ll be the perfect fit.

“Better Living Through Beauty, Fitness & Wellness” is the mantra of Unique Total Body and I find it very fitting. One look at the website will make you understand the quality that you’re dealing with, it’s not your run of the mill gym or spa website where they hide what they don’t want you to see. Whenever I’m trying to make a decision regarding a particular business I always check out the website first. If they seem to have it together there then I’ve found more often then not, they know what they’re doing. Don’t just take my word for it, check out the website for yourself: http://www.uniquetotalbody.com/.




The concept for the business is the brainchild of owner/manager Kelli Campellone. Who, I can say, is one of the nicest people I’ve ever met in my life. When Melissa and I were given the guided tour of the facility, by Kelli herself, we came to understand her passion for her business. It’s this passion that translates into the quality of the experience.

Sure you could go to another place that’s offering what seems to be a great deal but it’s not until you see the fine print that you realize you’ve been hosed. In this day and age of instant gratification and “I want it now”, I find that a place like this is a way to leave your troubles at the door in order to build a better you.

I know I’m not the picture of perfection when it comes to the human form, but having found this place will hopefully make a difference in my life once I start working out there. It’s like they say at Unique: “achieve a feeling of relaxation while restoring balance in your mind, body and soul.” All anyone can ask for are the tools by which to make this happen, the rest is up to them.

Unique Total Body
190 Putnam Pike (Rt 44)
Johnston, RI 02919
401-233-2348

Bob Black
REALTOR
Williams & Stuart Real Estate
870 Oaklawn Ave
Cranston, RI, 02920
Work: 401.942.0200 ext 28
Mobile: 401.261.1599
Bob@BobBlackOnline.com
Your Friend in Rhode Island Real Estate
Visit MyBlogLog and get a signature like this!


No comments: