Sunday, June 22, 2008

Tazza Caffe and Providence Open Market

When I got home from my open house Saturday, we decided to head downtown and check out the Providence Open Market. The market is in its second year and includes art, food and antique vendors. I don't know if it's because we got there after 3pm or because setup for the PrideFest Providence Block party had begun, but there were many fewer vendors than I expected. We only saw one produce stand and the website advertises it as including a farmer's market. The spring series ends next weekend, and it returns in the Fall. I really had high hopes for this open market... we decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and try again in the Fall.

It was a warm day and we had skipped lunch so we stopped into Tazza Caffe for a drink and a late lunch. We were pleased with the service, prices, food and drinks. Melissa got a mojito, which had plenty of mint and lime. Perfect for a warm summer day. I got a nice cold Gansett and we both got the portabella mushroom, spinach and herbed goat cheese panini with sweet potato fries. Whenever we have something we really like at a restaurant, we try to re-create it at home. I know this will be one to try!

No comments: