Friday, October 3, 2008

Where have I been?

Well as most people know who’ve read this blog with any regularity I haven’t been very active lately. Life takes over and as a result, the blog suffers. It’s not like I’ve been sitting on my ass just going through my day. I’ve been very busy with work, the gym and a social life. I’m sure I can do better at putting my thoughts on screen but I’m finding it difficult to fit that in. However, I’ve made a decision to dedicate a small portion of each day to get my thoughts out.

Since the last time I blogged, Melissa and I have been busting our butts (literally) at the gym. We’ve both started to lose weight and see results in our clothing. It’s a great feeling and I’m looking forward to dropping a total of 65 lbs and keeping it off! We’ve changed how and what we eat which has had a huge impact on our weight loss. In the back of my mind I always knew the only way to get healthier was to make big changes in those areas even though it took me several years to get motivated enough to do something about it. Having a supportive, loving partner has made this transition a breeze. I could go on and on about how we’ve changed our lives but I don’t want to bore everyone with what would appear to be gloating.

Work has taken off for me and I’m out doing more than ever before. In fact, I just had another closing yesterday. Albeit it wasn’t the million dollar closing that I’m hoping for someday, but it still counts. I have a good amount of activity in the pipeline and hopefully we’ll start closing them in bunches soon.

Socially, Melissa and I have been pretty active. Last week we went out three nights in a row. I know it doesn’t sound like a lot but for us it was a stretch. Luckily one of the days was with old friends who we haven’t seen in a long time. It was so nice to spend the evening with them and catch up on lost time. We’re hoping to fit in an apple picking session and maybe King Richards Faire before it ends on October 19. I’ll be sure to let everyone know how that goes. Also, Dale Chihuly who happens to be the leading glassmaker in our country and perhaps the world, is showing at RISD. We’ve been excited about this for a long time. Again, I’ll keep you posted on how amazing it is!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Blog! Just tught my students how to do the same. Thanks for everything!

Anonymous said...

hello, cant stop reading your blog, it's great!!!keep it going mom..i'am so proud :):):)!!!